Crossroads scholars build upon a foundation of academic excellence with thorough exploration of college & career opportunities and the steps that high school students must take to ensure success after graduation. Our emphasis on exposure and exploration enables scholars to survey a wide breadth of post-secondary options, connect with professionals and gain hands-on experience in their career fields of interest, and prepare for the transition to college and the professional workplace.
College & Career Readiness Initiatives Include:
- Facilitated college visits
- College Workshops
- Senior Year Kickoff at Duquesne University
- College Search & Application Mentoring/Advising
- Admissions Test Prep
- Week-Long Residential College Experience
- Do What You Are (DWYA) Stengths & Career Interest Inventory
- SPICE Career Exploration Program
- Career Academy Job Site Visits & Workshops with Working Professionals
- Corporate Internship Opportunities
- Career Skills Workshops
Visit our Programs page to learn more about these initiatives...