Submit a cover letter and current résumé to email@example.com to be considered for available employment opportunities.
FT Office Administrator (posted 6/6/2017)
Office Administrator is responsible for the administrative and clerical tasks central to the daily operations of Crossroads Foundation. This position plays a key support role for the Program and Development staff. The Office Administrator is responsible for maintaining organizational records, managing business functions, supporting fundraising initiatives, and coordinating program activities. Core responsibilities include basic accounting and business functions such as processing financial transactions maintaining accurate financial records, and managing vendor relationships. Working closely with development staff, the office administrator assists in clerical and financial management tasks related to donor relations, event planning and advancement efforts. This position also supports the planning and administration of all Crossroads programs through communications, logistics, data collection and entry.
The Incumbent reports to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Process financial disbursements and requisitions for payment of expenses as authorized by Executive Director.
• Maintain all student files and pertinent records and forms.
• Review, organize and circulate all completed applications during recruitment process; communicate with schools and families to ensure accurate and complete information is submitted for review.
• Maintain all financial records and reconcile monthly bank statements according to established business practices. File invoices and receipts. Work with the Diocese to keep up the accounting system. Support HR function by creating office schedules, master schedule, sick, personal, and vacation record keeping.
• Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to copying, faxing, filing, mailings, distribution of electronic and written communications with internal constituencies (staff and board members) and external constituencies (scholars, their families, school administrators, donors, and vendors).
• Assist with day to day logistics and administrative support for all programs, including securing transportation, venue, food, supplies, purchases, etc.
• ETO data entry; database updates.
• Organize and coordinate internal and external events, i.e., board and YPLC meetings, commitment meetings, donor meetings, fundraisers, friend-raisers, etc.
• Purchase office equipment and supplies; manage vendor relations, arrange for repair and maintenance of office equipment.
• Coordinate IT support, staff needs.
• Process donations in timely fashion including database entry, completing paperwork and preparing deposits, creating and mailing acknowledgment letters, and maintaining accurate records for the annual audit.
• Create and mail-merge all mailing lists derived from the development database and coordinate mailings.
• Assist as needed in maintaining development and website pages and send Development E-Blasts.
• Assist with database maintenance and development-related administrative support as needed.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines in a continually changing work environment.
• Business or accounting experience; accuracy & attention to detail.
• Able to take direction and follow through independently; able to multi-task.
• Minimum 2 year certificate; college degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate has a blend of the following:
• Flexible, organized and adaptable self-starter.
• Experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
• Computer skills including familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic bookkeeping, office management and organization.
• Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
Full time exempt position with health benefits (37.5 hours a week).
Weekdays and some evenings & weekends; hours 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
Salary range $32,000 to $35,000 with benefits.