Young Professional Leadership Council (YPLC) members embrace the opportunity to learn and grow with each other as advocates for Scholars.
Active Council members...
- Attend at least 50% of Council Meetings (held bi-monthly)
- Donate 12-15 hours per year participating in YPLC-related duties
- Participate in networking events
- Collaboratively organize workshops or professional development for scholars
- Support Crossroads Foundation with an annual gift
- Work collectively with the Council to plan and participate in a fundraiser for Crossroads Foundation
The Leadership Council comprises 10-20 members, selected based on recommendations from the YPLC, staff, and Board of Directors at Crossroads Foundation. Members are appointed for a two-year term, renewable upon the request of the member/organization and approval from the leadership.
The President and Vice President are elected by the Council for a two-year appointment beginning July 1st of the following fiscal year and serve until June 30th. The President serves as the Leadership Council’s representative to Crossroads' Board of Directors and provides updates on activities to the Board.
The Vice President assists the President in the leadership and organization of the Council. In the event that the President is unable to attend a Board of Directors’ meeting, the Vice President attends as the YPLC representative to the Board.
The Secretary records attendance and meeting minutes for distribution to the Council.