The Development Coordinator assists in strengthening the effectiveness and efficiency of the development function at Crossroads Foundation by providing high-level administrative support in the areas of donor management, database tracking and reporting systems, financial stewardship functions. In addition, the Development Coordinator is the lead for the Young Professionals Leadership Council (YPLC), responsible for the cultivation of relationships with emerging leaders and the support of ongoing efforts of the YPLC. The incumbent will also work closely with the Director of Development to implement fundraising plans and budgets, communications strategies, and special events. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and energetic self-starter interested in building fundraising experience in an educational organization that is truly impacting students’ lives.
Areas of Responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Database Maintenance, Reporting and Tracking
- Keep accurate, timely and consistent information in DonorPro
- Ensure upkeep and functioning of system
- Provide training/support for additional users of database to maintain system integrity
- Develop and maintain grants and reports tracking systems, working with Program Director and Development Director to provide requested reports and outcomes to foundations.
- Provide reports as requested including donor histories, targeted mailing lists, prospect lists, etc.
- Develop processes and schedules for reports and data input to support development needs.
- Financial Stewardship
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all donations to support positive donor relations and fiscal accountability and transparency.
- Support accounting and auditing services related to revenue, restricted and unrestricted funds, grant terms, online donations, year-end reporting and other business needs to ensure compliance with best practices.
- Provide support and requested information for the Finance Committee of the Crossroads Board of Directors and any working groups related to financial stewardship.
- Assist in preparation of annual projections and budgets under the supervision of the Development Director.
- Assume key role in fundraisers or other special events through project management, budgeting, planning and other tasks as assigned.
- Young Professionals Board & Alumni Engagement
- Support emerging young leaders’ development and involvement with Crossroads through recruitment, oversight and support for Crossroads’ Young Professionals Leadership Council.
- Liaison with Direct Service and Program Staff for young professionals’ activities and events in support of Crossroads Foundation
- Lead young alumni donor engagement and cultivation efforts
- Communications Management & Grant Writing
- Assist with development communications and strategies
- Create website and social media content to align with development and organizational priorities
- Support fundraising communications in areas such as EITC/OSTC program, foundation relationships and donor engagement as directed by the Development Director
- Write components of grant proposals, budgets and reports as requested by Development Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree, prior development or business experience preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Database management experience, DonorPro preferred
- Expertise with fundraising platforms (i.e. Salsa Engage)
- Social media management and web design experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience with ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with Board of Directors and high profile donors
- Experience with Alumni Relations/Alumni Giving campaigns a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion with sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills; professional appearance and demeanor
$38,000-$45,000 commensurate with level of qualifications.
To apply for this job email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.