The Crossroads model consistently results in outstanding academic outcomes and above-average graduation rates for our scholars, especially as compared with other students of similar demographics. The benefits of the Crossroads Model are evident both during high school and in the years following graduation.
Of our 140 current scholars:
- 70% maintain an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher; 30% maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- 96% enroll into college the fall after graduating high school
- 100% complete an approved pre-college (SPICE) program prior to graduation
- 100% complete at least 6 college tours between sophomore and senior year
- 54% of all scholars are enrolled in advanced/honors or AP classes
Beyond High School:
- 100% of our scholars graduate on time from high school
- Of our graduates from 2010-2019, 72% have earned their college degree or are still in school -- well above average for minority or first-generation college students
- Over 600 have graduated from high school as Crossroads Scholars
Other significant and recent accomplishments include:
- A 2016 Crossroads graduate is receiving his college degree, debt free, from an Ivy League university in May 2020.
- An alumni scholar was awarded the 2019 President's Award for Leadership and Scholarship at LaRoche University during his graduation ceremony.
- A current senior scholar and her work group at Oakland Catholic participated in a national robotics competition where they placed in the top five as an all-female group.
- A current junior scholar was awarded 3rd place in a Forensics Speech and Debate competition, representing youth from schools all over the state.
- Seven rising senior scholars earned summer internship opportunities at corporate locations throughout Pittsburgh.
- A 2018 Shyne Award was awarded to our Young Professionals Leadership Council, which launched in 2016.
- Crossroads was awarded the 2018 Sister Thea Bowman Foundation Legacy Award.
- A scholar in 2018 received a FULL $72,000 room and board scholarship to CMU (Crossroads’ first full scholarship there).
Crossroads is truly a place where potential finds its path. Whereas the typical student’s focus on learning may end with the final bell of the school day, Crossroads scholars spend afternoons in tutoring sessions with our team, summer vacations for enrichment courses, college visits, career workshops and internships that prepare them for college and career success.